Eleven jigs



I’ll have me a jigger o’ that afore taking my turn
And don’t give me no golfing type jigger, no fancy stuff here.
I’ll be making a strike with a cue and you’ll learn
I’m quite good at it too.

There, I’ve finished my bit and I’ve set ‘em
So you’ll never win. Put my cue down right here
On this jigger a while. You stop dancing and step
To the plate you young jigger. Let’s see how you do.

Will you look at the table lad not
At that jigger-rigged sailship that’s hanging
By rope from a jigger up there? Will you concentrate
Here on the felt where the game’s playing fair?

And stop bobbing and weaving; tha looks like a jigger.
You’re cuing a billiard ball here. You’re not taking a ride
On a railwayman’s jigger up t’line
Will’t be careful. Look. See.

Think you’re digging a hole do you now?
But take care o’ the felt. T’aint no fishing rod this.
Tha’s no’ jiggering a net through the ice
To catch codlets and smelt.

So you’ve won, and you’re telling
I owe you a prize. I’ve forgot the device that I plotted
To give thee. Some jigger, some such but I’ll rush
Down the jigger here, off and I’m gone.

Dance eleven fat jigs for me please
On your day in the sun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missed Connections

Easter Sunday Prayer

Holy Saturday Prayer