April - NaPoWriMo - 3

It’s not the dark that scares me. See,
I’m walking without light. The night
Is bright enough for me.

It’s not the shadows. Watch them flee.
They have no words to answer me.
They haven’t heard my cry.

It’s not the walls. They try to close
Me in, surround on every side,
But I just pass them by.

It’s not the memories either. They
Were just another night or day,
Another time of life.

Not this, nor that, but sudden snatch
Of thought or light or image catches
Fire, detaches me.

He touched me
Who should not desire
Such sin.

Written for ReadWritePoem, April 3rd prompt - something that scares you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
painful poem. thank you for sharing it.
Anonymous said…
Good Morning Sheila

I Hope You and Your Family have a
Blessed Resurrection Sunday

God Bless You, Ron

HE IS RISEN!.....HE IS RISEN INDEED!

Popular posts from this blog

Missed Connections

Easter Sunday Prayer

Holy Saturday Prayer