April - NaPoWriMo - 21

In the top corner of the bathroom
By the shower
There’s a web where a spider spends hours
Just watching and waiting
To stare at me.

I’d scream of course
If he were in the bath
But mostly I cope by not looking up.

I did the vacuuming today
And could have blown him away but decided not to
A stray thought suggesting
Maybe spiders eat other creatures
That might hide somewhere out of reach.

I tell myself
He’s only offering to help
And clean away
All the insects I still haven’t seen.

I’m seriously hoping he’s not a she.

Written for ReadWritePoem # 21 perfectly flawed

Comments

Anonymous said…
Perfect poem for today's prompt.
Marianne said…
To vacuum the spider or not to vacuum the spider, that is the question ... and a good one it is! I would opt for vacuuming the crawly thing up. Good poem, Sheila!
skankinmoon said…
This is neat-o. I hate spiders, but I like that this poem gives the little guy, or girl, a personality.
Anonymous said…
"I'm seriously hoping he's not a she."-- I'm with you there, Sheila!
Alina said…
I enjoyed this one! (I actually enjoy ALL of them :0)

Popular posts from this blog

Missed Connections

Easter Sunday Prayer

Holy Saturday Prayer